The Golf Club was formed in 1903 and there are few clubs in the UK that can claim such a glorious location and magnificent Club House. Surrounded by beautiful timbered parkland the course is easily accessible from the M1 or A1 in South Yorkshire. Also, being closely situated to Robin Hood Airport in Doncaster, it is accessible from far afield.
Originally a nine hole course laid out by Sandy Herd, in 1906 it was increased to eighteen holes and was subsequently modified by James Braid. Resulting from this is an exceptionally well laid out course, where golf is played over parkland of great beauty.
Par for the 6327 yards course is 70. The record score of 62 was recorded by Simon Coumbe of Pontefract GC during the second round of the inaugural Lee Westwood Trophy held in September 2005.