With unique rolling parkland, lakes, streams, bunkers and woodland, Forest of Dean Golf Club's par 70 18-hole golf course provides a challenge to all categories of golfers and is a joy to play.
The Forest of Dean golf course is well-maintained and mature with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside and is easily playable yet also affords those more experienced golfers a welcome challenge.
Those who like an easy start will be pleased to know that the hotel is adjacent to the first tee, allowing you to start your game straightaway. The Forest of Dean Golf Club complex also incorporates a large practice ground, practice green and putting green and can boast that it has never been closed since its establishment; no temporary greens have ever been used.
More Forest of Dean Golf Club Information
- 18 hole course established 1973
- Home to PGA Order of Merit Forest Classic
- Member of PGA City Golf scheme
- 52 bedroom hotel situated on The Forest of Dean Golf Course (2 rooms specially adapted for wheelchair users)
- Clubhouse serves drinks and home made food all day
- Various categories of membership available
- Fully stocked Golf Shop run by resident Golf Professional, Stuart Jenkins
- Buggy Hire and Trolley Hire available
- Practice area and putting green
- Golf Breaks, Society Days and Corporate Days available
- Pay and Play available
- Open Competitions
- Conference and Function rooms available in The Clubhouse
- Lessons with PGA Professional, Stuart Jenkins
- County Standard 6 rink bowling green on site
- New 4 mat Short Mat Bowling room (opened January 2009)
- Bridge Holidays catered for
- Situated close to centre of Coleford in The Forest of Dean