2-FORE!-1 best of britain: East of England
By 2-FORE!-1 Golf
13 August 2012 09:41
Head east for some quality 2-FORE!-1 golfing action - top courses you can tackle for half-price green fees. Here are some of the region's 2-FORE!-1 finest...
* Kenwick Park, Lincs - Plotted on the edge of Lincolnshire Woods, this 18-hole track enjoys a healthy diversity of holes with a host of water features. Competing off the back tees is a stiff test for single-digit players while mid-high handicappers will also enjoy the challenge off the tees of the day. With a clubhouse that has been created from a 19th century coach house and stable block, this is a wonderfully setting to play golf.
* Thorpeness - the pride of rural Suffolk, this classy 90-years-old James Braid heathland track can be played any time of the year and will provide a quality outing whatever the season. With its firm, fast-running Thorpeness plays very much like a links.
* Peterborough Milton, Cambs - Set in the Fitzwilliam Estate and with the magnificent Milton Hall at the far end of the course, this is a mature James Braid parkland with a terrific mix of holes and a thrilling finale.
* Belton Park, Lincs - parkland golf simply doesn't get much better than this. Super countryside setting.
* Leighton Buzzard, Beds - quality Woburn-esque parkland whicgh set Ian Poulter on the road to fame and stardom.
* Barnham Broom, Norfolk - two 18 hole courses supported off-course by on-site hotel and excellent facilities.