What we say
Originally a nine-holer, Kilkee has successfully been converted into a full par-70 layout and is a fine, spectacular blend of the old and new. Be prepared to be distracted by some spectacular panoramic views – the opening two holes overlook the Atlantic.
The Kilkee golf club was originally a 9 hole course but has been developed into an 18 hole golf course. In latter years it has blended the old and the new into a golf course that the members are very proud of. The views in Kilkee are breathtaking, with first and second tees looking out onto the Atlantic Ocean and the third Tee overlooking Chimney Bay with a spectacular clifftop view. The other holes aren't too bad either!!!
Overall the views here and the good value make it a worthwhile round of golf!
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address East End, Kilkee, County Clare, , Kilkee, Tullow ROI
- Tel 00353 6590 56048
- Website www.kilkeegolfclub.ie
|Green Fees||Mon-Fri from €20; Sat-Sun from €25.|
- Course does not have: Bar
- Course has: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course does not have: Pro Shop
- Course does not have: Restaurant
- Course does not have: Trolley Hire
- Course has: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap
Cliff top links. Spectacular views across the bay. Especially from what I presume is the signature hole, Short par four third, where you tee off across the cliff tops. Played it twice that week, firstly in a light breeze, secondly in a strongish westerly, too difficult for me the second time. At least the club-house manageress was sympathetic and the Guinness was well kept.