What we say
Asia is a little less dramatic than America, and certainly shorter – but the elevation changes are still there and there is only a slight let-up on the need for accuracy here at La Cala South Golf Resort (Campo Asia). Although perhaps seen as La Cala's third golf course it is in fact the original – opened in 1991, a year before the North Golf Course. If you're playing all three, it's probably best to tackle this one first.
- Costs -
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address La Cala de Mijas, 29649 Mijas Costa, Malaga, ,
- Tel -
- Website www.lacala.com
|Course Length||6,480 yards (5,925 metres)|
- Course does not have: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course does not have: Pro Shop
- Course does not have: Restaurant
- Course does not have: Trolley Hire
- Course does not have: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap
The general opinion used to be that The Asia is the second best of the three resort courses, but after playing it and talking with other guests at La Cala, I think they are all as good as each other for different reasons. Asia has some great holes, look out for the Par 5, 14th whose green sits along side a large pool.
La Cala benefits from a superb set up with all 3 courses offering fantastic value for money. Campo Asia, while not quite as nice as America is still a great cours with some excellent holes. The overall La Cala experience is what shines through and will make you want to go back again and again.
Beautiful design to both courses I played. The scenery is fantastic in the area. The greens were incredibly well kept as were the fairways and tees - bunkers were different from what I'm used to but still a challenge. Some of the holes were very long and then even some of the shorter holes offered a real challenge!! Plenty of ravines and thickly covered areas to lose balls!!