What we say
18 Hole Par 69 parkland course that reaches 5,494 yards in length.
Henry Cotton three times Open Champion in the 1940's, helped in its development and held it in great affection.
Stunning views attract golfers each year and combined with a layout that will test the most skillful player, Eskdale will provide a great game.
The signature hole is undoubtedly the 151 yard 14th. An elevated tee looks towards a green set within a vast trout pond which requires an accurate shot to stay out of trouble. Eskdale prides itself on a quiet and relaxed feel.
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address , , RAVENGLASS
- Tel 01229 717680
- Website http://www.eskdalegolf.co.uk/golf.html
|Course Length||5,494 yards (5,024 metres)|
- Course does not have: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course does not have: Pro Shop
- Course does not have: Restaurant
- Course does not have: Trolley Hire
- Course does not have: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap
Just played it in June and what attracted me was the association with Henry Cotton. This isn't a challenging course given today's technology but is a one for the pureist. You can see the thought that went into his design and although open in places, anything but centre fairway leaves you with a shot to consider. There's a real fealing of golfing nostalgia here, the views are spectacular and the signature hole 14th is just that. The welcome and service is great and the club house is decorated to a very high finish. If you're going to be in the area, passing, camping or whatever... stick your clubs in the boot and play this course.