What we say
Morecambe Golf Club was formed in 1905 when members used to play a nine-hole golf course nearer the town centre. With the popularity of Morecambe as a holiday and weekend destination for many prosperous Lancashire and Yorkshire townsfolk, the nine-hole golf course soon proved inadequate and the golf club decided to re-locate to its present site in 1923.
The golf course has the distinction of being designed by Dr Alister MacKenzie, who created US Masters venue Augusta National.
Morecambe Golf Club is a private members' golf club situated on the north-west tip of the Lancashire coast which overlooks the magnificent Morecambe Bay.
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address The Flat, Morecambe Golf Club, Marine Road East, MORECAMBE
- Tel 01524 412841
- Website www.morecambegolfclub.com
|Course Length||5,559 yards (5,083 metres)|
- Course has: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course has: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course has: Pro Shop
- Course has: Restaurant
- Course has: Trolley Hire
- Course does not have: Dress Code
- Course has: Club Hire
- Course has: Handicap