What we say
The golf course, which is situated only a mile and a half from the city centre of York, was founded in 1911 and is a parkland course with tight fairways, small greens and a substantial number of mature trees of diverse species.
Although it is a relatively short course (6105 yards) it is a definite test for golfers of all abilities. It is not easy to ‘burn it up'. The secret of a successful round is straight hitting and accepting one's punishment when in trouble. The four par three holes are rated as the toughest par threes in the York Union of Golf Clubs.
Golf has been played at Heworth since 1911 and the course's antiquity is reflected in the quality of the greens.
The course layout allows for the flexibility to play, in addition to a full round, only 9 or 11 holes
Visitors are very welcome. The course's location close to the centre of York makes it an ideal place to while away a morning or an afternoon whilst one's partner discovers the shopping highlights and culinary delights of the historic city centre.
After your round you will find a warm welcome in the clubhouse.
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address Muncastergate, , YORK
- Tel 01904 422389
- Website http://heworthgolfclub.co.uk/
|Green Fees||Annually: £275 - £535|
|Course Length||6,105 yards (5,582 metres)|
- Course does not have: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course does not have: Pro Shop
- Course does not have: Restaurant
- Course does not have: Trolley Hire
- Course has: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap