What we say
Scarborough North Cliff Golf Club, established in 1909, features an 18 hole course designed by James Braid, and built in 1928. The terrain on the course is relatively gentle. The course features scenic coastal panoramas.
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address Northcliff Avenue, , SCARBOROUGH
- Tel 01723 355397
- Website www.northcliffgolfclub.co.uk
- Course does not have: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course does not have: Pro Shop
- Course does not have: Restaurant
- Course does not have: Trolley Hire
- Course has: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course has: Handicap
We were greeted by a courteous pro in the shop. Whilst the early and finishing holes were a little bland, although having superb views, the major part of the course, holes 3 to 15 is true parkland with mature trees and carpeted fairways and lovely teeing areas. Sadly, heavy top dressing had taken place on a number of holes, but overall this is a super course, and fabulous value. If you are visiting the Yorkshire coast, make sure you visit North Cliff. You will not be disappointed.
Found this course to be mint especially over the road part of it, course in brilliant condition shame about the clubhouse and locker rooms so dated it was unreal no seperate area for visitors Food was very poor,but serve a good pint. !
Very ordinary opening two holes, but then you cross the road and play the next 13 holes in beautiful undulating parkland. The last 3 holes are back on the exposed cliff top so can be very windy. Excellent tees and greens. Will definately play again.