What we say
Situated amongst mature trees, Sturminster Marshall Golf Club offers a 9 hole parkland course. The course features tree-lined fairways and a few lakes, as well as a generous helping of strategically placed bunkers, guarding the greens, providing a challenging game for golfers of any ability.
In November 2014, Sturminster Marshall Golf Club became the first in the country to achieve England Golf’s GolfMark award. GolfMark, which was originally started in 2006, has been updated and relaunched to make it more relevant in today’s challenging commercial landscape. A GolfMark club is one which takes positive action to:
• Recruit and retain members
• Plan effectively for the future
• Offer coaching and playing opportunities for all golfers
• Have the right policies and procedures in place to safeguard members of all ages.
Sturminster Marshall works closely with the Dorset Golf Partnership and is one of its Get into golf centres, offering a course of six group lessons for adult beginners for £30, together with a range of other packages. The club is involved in the Dorset Tour, which offers playing opportunities to new golfers who have gone through the Get into golf scheme. Sturminster Marshall also hosts Feel Inspired sessions for golfers with disabilities.
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address Moor Lane, Sturminster Marshall, WIMBORNE
- Tel 01258 858444
- Website http://www.sturminstermarshallgolfclub.co.uk
|Green Fees||Mon-Fri: £10 for 9 holes, £15 for 18 holes; weekends and Bank Holidays: £10 for 9 holes, £17 for 18 holes; ALL DAY GOLF: Play as many holes as you like £25|
|Course Length||3,850 yards (3,520 metres)|
- Course has: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course has: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course has: Pro Shop
- Course has: Restaurant
- Course has: Trolley Hire
- Course does not have: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap
For a 9 hole course this one is nothing special. As most 9 holers it was also very busy at most times of the day with lots of children's lessons. Sturminster is set in a lovely location however the course is not very picturesque. There are better courses within a 10-mile radius.