What we say
The course is always well maintained, with the greens smooth and evenly paced, and the bunkers in immaculate condition. The star hole is the par-5 17th - the fairway slopes from right to left, with the practice ground and OB uncomfortably close on the left.
At 6,114 yards off the back tees, and in an undulating parkland setting, the golf course at first sight seems a fairly straightforward test of golf. However, with narrow fairways and small greens there are many scorecards that tell a different story.
There are five par threes, four of which are over 180 yards, and most members reckon that scoring well on these is the secret to having a good card. Pick of these is the 197 yards 14th where you're firing over a dell, through a gap between trees in a copse.
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address Mannicotts, , WELWYN GARDEN CITY
- Tel -
- Website www.welwyngardencitygolfclub.co.uk
|Green Fees||Mon-Fri: £37, Sat & Sun: £50|
|Course Length||6,114 yards (5,591 metres)|
- Course has: Bar
- Course has: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course has: Pro Shop
- Course has: Restaurant
- Course has: Trolley Hire
- Course does not have: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap