What we say
Contrary to its austere reputation, both the club and course welcome an honest approach – attempt to play beyond your ability and the cleverly placed bunkers and slopes will surely catch you out. Visually Muirfield is quite a dull piece of land however it is a great design with no holes being the same. It is a tough but fair golf course, requiring proficiency with all 14 clubs. Immaculate condition and the atmosphere (and lunch) in the clubhouse is a truly special experience.
An outstanding host of The Open last year (2013) when its class was shown at its very best (and firmest).
Home of the Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers, Muirfield is one of the most famous and oldest golf clubs in the world. In preparation for hosting the Open in 2013, the club undertook changes to the golf course to make it more competitive for any golfer. More fairway bunkers were added to collect drives that weren't directly on line to punish any mistakes.
If you can get onto the course, it'd be a great experience for any golf fan.
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address Muirfield Green Lodge, Duncur Road, GULLANE, East Lothian
- Tel 01620 842123
- Website www.muirfield.org.uk
|Course Length||7,209 yards (6,592 metres)|
- Course has: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course does not have: Pro Shop
- Course has: Restaurant
- Course does not have: Trolley Hire
- Course has: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap