What we say
Merthyr Tydfil Golf Club, commononly known as "Cilsanws" is a shortish but challenging mountain-top golf course that plays longer than it says on the card.
Fourteen of the holes are within the Brecon Beacons National Park and the golf course has beautiful views of the surrounding area. It is situated in Cefn Coed two miles north of Merthyr Tydfil and is only a short distance from both the A465 and A470 trunk roads. Visitors will enjoy the experience.
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address Cloth Hall Lane, Cefn Coed, MERTHYR TYDFIL
- Tel 01685 388141
- Website -
|Green Fees||Mon-Fri: £10 (round/day). Sat-Sun: £15 (round/day)|
|Course Length||5,651 yards (5,167 metres)|
- Course has: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course does not have: Pro Shop
- Course has: Restaurant
- Course does not have: Trolley Hire
- Course has: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap
Very good course. Bunkers is par four but it should be par five. Hole seven is a par five downhill but you can easily get birdie as long as you hit it of the tee well. Hole eight is unbelievable uphill . long valley is one of the best holes on course.