What we say
Strandhill Golf Club is slowly climbing the rankings of our Best Golf Courses in Ireland.
Strandhill Golf Club is a quirky links, designed by members of yesteryear, then Eddie Hackett– he extended it to 18 – and now being improved by Ally McIntosh.
Located on rippling linksland on the edge of the Atlantic and founded in 1931, it sits across the Bay from County Sligo.
RELATED: Lahinch Golf Club review
It shares in the same kind of stunning scenery as Rosses Point with Knocknarea Mountain, Culleenamore Strand and Strandhill Beach all wonderful backdrops.
It begins with a par 5 to introduce you gently to a links which boasts huge dunes and a general feeling of thrill-a-minute golf.
RELATED: County Sligo Golf Club review
Has edged up our rankings since our first Irish list in 2013, and is perhaps unfortunate not to be in the 2021 top 40.
- Costs -
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address Golf Course Rd, Carrowbunnaun, Strandhill
- Tel +353 71 9168188
- Website www.strandhillgolfclub.com
|Course Length||5,987 yards (5,475 metres)|
- Course does not have: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course does not have: Pro Shop
- Course does not have: Restaurant
- Course does not have: Trolley Hire
- Course does not have: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap
A true natural links with spectacular scenery. Situated in the shadows of knocnarae mountain you will experience some very unique holes unlike any you will see anywhere else. a real gem and if in the area a must