What we say
After a somewhat underwhelming opening six holes, Westport Golf Club bursts to life and becomes one of the best parkland golf courses in Ireland.
Take away a simple starting stretch of six holes and you have a special parkland cavorting along the edges of Clew Blay, on the Wild Atlantic Way.
RELATED: Carne Golf Links review
From holes 7 to 18 there is lots of movement and intrigue as an undulating landscape is well used, but it is the stretch on Clew Bay (12 to 15) that gives Westport serious kudos.
The par-3 13th hits straight at Ireland’s holiest mountain while the par-5 15th requires a big drive to clear the inlet.
- Costs -
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address Golf Course Road, Carrowholly, Westport
- Tel +353 98 28262
- Website www.westportgolfclub.ie
|Course Length||6,316 yards (5,775 metres)|
- Course does not have: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course does not have: Pro Shop
- Course does not have: Restaurant
- Course does not have: Trolley Hire
- Course does not have: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap