What we say
A modern classic among elegant pines and menacing water hazards which looks mature. More of what golf needs, a course well tucked away from the hustle and bustle of modern life with many varied holes.
It's been carved out of dense woodland on the outskirts of the New Forest. It's a tree-lined course, very much in the mould of the Rosemount at Blairgowrie. What really impresses is the variety of holes. You only have to play the first half-dozen and you are met with a mixture of challenges, from tricky and very different par 3s to dramatic par 5s.
John Jacobs had a big hand in things at Remedy Oak and he's done a wonderful job. When he first saw the location of the course he knew it had the potential to be one of the best courses in the UK. The course only opened in 2005 but if someone told you it was 40 years old you would believe them. Remedy Oak nestles within 256 acres of existing ancient woodland, which lends a sense of maturity and stature even though it's new.
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address Horton Road, Woodlands, WIMBORNE
- Tel 01202 812070
- Website www.remedyoak.com
|Green Fees||£95 (11.30am-12.30pm).|
|Course Length||7,005 yards (6,405 metres)|
- Course does not have: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course does not have: Pro Shop
- Course does not have: Restaurant
- Course does not have: Trolley Hire
- Course does not have: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap
just a quick note saying if you can play it. stunning breath taking views. lush quick greens. top 100 in the world says it all. and i played in december. cant wait for summer round !!