What we say
Luffness New Golf Club sits in an area of Britain blessed with incredible golf courses, and it certainly doesn’t look out of place.
The twisting A198 that links the great courses of East Lothian offers plenty of glimpses of the stellar seaside attractions in arguably Britain’s leading golf area.
Gullane’s courses are certainly showcased, and so, too are sightings of the likes of Craigielaw and The Glen – but one of the most tantalising is that of Luffness.
RELATED: North Berwick Golf Club review
This is a classy, unassuming links that has been likened to a mini Muirfield. Certainly it offers the same kind of unfussy challenge on gorgeous links turf – and there are similarities in the traditional nature of the club too.
The first five holes might be weak in comparison with the rest of the course but it should still be in your thoughts when visiting East Lothian.
RELATED: The Renaissance Club review
Situated at the foot of Gullane Hill, there are opportunities for birdies but also plenty of card wreckers.
With some of the best greens to be found in the area and a few all-world holes coming in, Luffness bears comparison with all but the very best in Scotland.
- Costs -
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address 1 Luffness Mill Cottages, Aberlady, Longniddry
- Tel 01620 843336
- Website www.luffnessnew.com
|Course Length||6,190 yards (5,660 metres)|
- Course does not have: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course does not have: Pro Shop
- Course does not have: Restaurant
- Course does not have: Trolley Hire
- Course does not have: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap