What we say...
Designed with a lower, deeper centre of gravity and more loft, the 906F4 family delivers a higher launch and downrange trajectory from the tee or turf, as well as increased spin. Among those already making the switch to the 906F4 is world No. 5, Adam Scott.
“The new 906F4 is the most playable Titleist fairway metal yet,” said Steve Pelisek, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Titleist. “These fairway metals have been tested and validated by players at the game’s highest level across the worldwide professional tours, by club professionals, and skilled amateurs.”
The 906F4 is available in lofts of 13.5, 15.5 and 18.5 degrees in both right and left-hand. The pear-shaped profile of the 906F4 features a square set up with a longer, shallower face that promotes a higher, straight ball flight for confidence and forgiveness. A multi-material construction with a separate face insert allows for maximum ball speed over a larger face area. An innovative Multi-Relief Sole™ design provides greater ground clearance at the trailing edge of the sole to minimize turf resistance and allows for crisp, solid contact from a variety of turf conditions. The deep face pear 906F2 fairway will continue to be available through Titleist Custom.
“Based on the feedback we received during our comprehensive player testing process, the 906F4 delivers excellent launch conditions and trajectory for a greater number of skilled players,” said Pelisek.
Features and benefits of the 906F4 Fairway Metals include:
- Lower, deeper CG and ½ degree more loft for higher launch and flight from the tee or turf.
- Longer, shallower face for greater confidence, forgiveness and playability.
- Multi-relief sole allows for crisp, solid contact and minimizes turf resistance.
- Shallow, pear-shaped profile with square set-up offers classic looks with straighter ball flight.
- Bore-thru design positions the shaft tip closer to the ball for greater stability at impact.
- Multi-material construction: A softer 431 stainless steel body provides a sweet, solid feel while a 275 Carpenter steel face insert creates maximum ball speed over a larger face area.
The standard shafts for the 906F4 are the new Aldila VS Proto 80 Fairway (83g) and the Graphite Design YS-6+ (69g). The VS Proto Fairway 80 shaft is designed with performance characteristics to provide a medium to higher launch consistent with the VS Proto 65 driver shaft. The stock grip is the Titleist Tour Velvet Rubber Round. A comprehensive matrix of additional shaft and grip choices is available through Titleist Custom. The Titleist 906F4 fairway metals will be available in golf shops beginning October 1, 2007, with a MSRP of £170 for graphite and £145 for steel (custom only).
Price: £170 (graphite) £145 (steel)
Contact: 01480 301114