FAQs and App Support
Great Magazines Digital Edition FAQs
Q: Can I buy digital editions of Today’s Golfer for my iPhone and iPad anywhere apart from the Apple Newsstand?
A: Yes! You can via our own platform, Great Magazines. Please visit http://www.greatmagazinesdigital.com/ as there are some great digital-only offers on here, including prices that are more competitive than those on the Apple Newsstand. Occasionally we’ll also be giving away free gifts with digital only subscriptions, though these will have terms and conditions attached so make sure you read the small print.
Q: What is Great Magazines?
A: It’s a website run by the publishers of Today’s Golfer magazine, Bauer Consumer Media. You can buy digital editions of all Bauer Media’s magazines there, including Today’s Golfer’s sister title, Golf World.
Q: What devices does Great Magazines work with?
A: At the moment, you can buy digital magazines for Apple devices only on Great Magazines. But we’re working on this.
Q: How does it work when I buy the digital magazine through the Great Magazines website for my iPad or iPhone?
A: Simple. First, select what magazine you want, then whether you want a single issue or a subscription. Then buy! We’ll issue you with an account number via email, then you just:
1) Install the app from Apple Newsstand if you haven’t already
2) At the top left of the screen where you buy the individual issues, you’ll see the words ‘Sign In’
3) Tap ‘Sign In’
4) Tap ‘Create Account’
5) Add your email address, a password of your choice and your account number
6) Ensure the password is eight characters minimum – with one numeric and one upper case character at least
7) Tap ‘Create Account’
8) We’ll then email you confirmation
9) To access your editions, simply log in using your email address and password
From that point on, as long as you’re signed in to the app with your Great Magazines account details, you’ll be able to download and read any issue you’ve paid for via Great Magazines.
Q: I’ve bought a digital subscription through Great Magazines and am having problems. Who can I speak to about it?
A: Please email the team at Great Magazines directly at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will respond within 24 hours. Make sure you quote your subscription number when emailing them, along with the magazine you’ve subscribed to and a summary of your problem – it will facilitate a quicker response.
Q: I get the print version of Today’s Golfer. Do I automatically qualify for digital access as well?
A: Alas, no. I’m afraid that if you want access to the digital edition as well, we have to charge you a small additional fee. This is solely because digital editions are subject to 20% VAT, while print magazines are not. All details are on the Great Magazines website.
If you’re still having problems and none of the above answers helps, then we have two dedicated email addresses that will get you in touch with us quickly.
Please select the correct address from the following two options:
- For customers who bought direct from Apple, Google, Barnes & Noble (Nook), PocketMags, Kobo and any other third party supplier, please email email@example.com
- For customers who bought direct from us on the Great Magazines website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll do our best to get back to you within 24 hours, though this might be slightly longer over weekends and bank holidays.