Cobra golf's stable of Tour ambassadors have enjoyed great success over the last couple of seasons including a US Open victory for Aussie Geoff Ogilvy and high profile wins for his fellow Cobra staff players Ian Poulter, J.B Holmes, Camilo Villegas and Kevin Na.
The feedback the players provide Cobra’s R & D team when designing products for advanced players is invaluable and the new Cobra’s Pro CB and Cobra Pro MB irons for 2008 reflect this significant input.
The new King Cobra Pro CB irons have been crafted for the advanced player to deliver superior feel and workability combined with some forgiveness. With a forged cavity back, shorter hosel and lower centre of gravity, these Cobra Pro CB irons have been engineered for a high ball flight, while the rounded sole camber improves turf interaction.
It’s Tour-calibre technology with one thing in mind – putting the golf ball exactly where you want it. More detailed features and benefits are summarized in Note 1.
The reaction of Cobra’s tour players to the King Cobra Pro CB irons has been very positive already. J.B Holmes used the new Pro CB’s to stunning effect to win the FBR Open in early February and made the following comment during early testing, “the Cobra Pro CB went through the turf better and produced shots that were peaking higher with a more solid, penetrating golf ball-flight.”
Camilo Villegas has also put the new Cobra Pro CB in play and said “the new Cobra Pro CB is the best looking and best feeling Cobra iron I've played with. Also, the golf club passes through the turf better than any iron I have hit. I really like them.“
The new King Cobra Pro MB has also been created in collaboration with Cobra’s Tour pros. The Cobra Pro MB Irons give accomplished players the soft feel of forged 1020 carbon steel along with the refinement that comes with superior engineering.
The longer hosel is ideal for players who prefer a high degree of golf ball control, while the thin topline and rounded sole camber further aid control and feedback. The end result: Solid striking muscle-back irons with a higher level of playability Cobra Tour pros are raving about.
Ian Poulter said of the Cobra Pro MB irons, “they are the best set of irons I have ever hit” and recent Cobra convert Jason Gore stated “I fell in love with the Pro MBs immediately. The most solid striking irons I have ever hit.” More detailed features and benefits are summarized in Note 1.
The King Cobra Pro MB (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 Steel Shaft) and Pro CB (Royal Precision Rifle Project X 5.5 Steel Shaft) sets both include 3 – PW and will retail at £632.
Both models are available in Europe from April 1st.
KING COBRA PRO CB FEATURES AND PERFORMANCE BENEFITS
• Forged from 1020 Carbon Steel to deliver Tour soft, solid, powerful, feel
• Cavity-Back Design to Weight positioned the weight behind the hitting area for solid feel and workability
• Thin Topline with Minimal Offset and Narrow Sole for workability and forgiveness
• Shortened Hosel and Round Sole Camber improve turf interaction
KING COBRA PRO MB FEATURES AND PERFORMANCE BENEFITS
• Forged from 1020 Carbon Steel for soft, solid, powerful feel.
• Classic Muscle-Back Shape with an extra narrow sole, thin topline and minimal offset allows the skilled player to control the ball
• Muscle-Back design means that weight is positioned behind the hitting area for solid feel and workability.
• Tour Designed Hosel positions the CG for mid-launch preferred by accomplished players
• Round Sole Camber improves turf interaction