Eric Loper, Director of Golf Ball R&D at TaylorMade tells Today’s Golfer everything you need to know about the new TP5 and TP5x 2017 golf balls, in this series of videos.
The tech story behind TaylorMade's two new five piece balls is an exciting one and combined with the ball's impressive off-the-record numbers from golf's top tour players it isn't hard to see why the likes of Jason Day, Dustin Johnson, Sergio Garcia and Justin Rose are switching.
TaylorMade's 2017 range
1. Why TaylorMade's TP5 and TP5X 2017 golf balls have 5 layers
2. Behind the Dual SpinCover on TaylorMade's TP5 and TP5X 2017 golf balls
3. Compressing the new TaylorMade TP5 and TP5X 2017 golf balls
4. How much longer are the new TaylorMade TP5 and TP5X 2017 golf balls
5. Tri Fast Core inside the TaylorMade TP5 and TP5X 2017 golf balls
TaylorMade says the optimum level of ball performance has been achieved using a five-layer construction.
They say te three-piece "tri-fast" core delivers maximum energy and expansion on full shots and is combined with a dual-spin cover which lets more of the urethane engage with the grooves on shorter shots.
They are so confident with their new 2017 golf balls they reckon you don't need a launch monitor to see the difference, it took Sergio Garcia just six shots to make the decision to switch.
TP5 and TP5x will be available at retail from the Wednesday March 1st with an RRP of £49.99 per dozen.