Cobra have unveiled their latest F-MAX Superlite Drivers, Fairways, Hybrids and Irons - their lightest ever clubs aimed at golfers with moderate swing speeds
Available on October 5, 2018 and building off the success of 2017's F-Max series, Cobra's latest F-MAX Superlite range are the brand's lightest, easiest to hit clubs yet - aimed at golfers with moderate swing speeds. Here's what you need to know.
Cobra F-MAX Superlite Drivers & Fairways
The new F-MAX men's and women's Superlite Drivers and Fairway are significantly lighter overall, providing more club speed, distance and easier launch than ever before.
Cobra F-MAX Superlite Driver
The COBRA Golf F-MAX Superlite Drivers are re-engineered with a 6-gram lighter clubhead, while maintaining an MOI of greater than 5,000 to deliver COBRA's lightest driver head weight without sacrificing stability and forgiveness.
The driver also has a 5-gram lighter shaft and a 7-gram lighter grip design, yielding 18 grams in weight-savings and bringing to the total overall weight to 287 grams. These lightweight technologies and designs are combined to ensure the fastest club and ball speed performance for moderate swing speeds.
The men's F-MAX Superlite Drivers feature a Midsize LAMKIN REL 360 grip that is engineered using a lighter, softer rubber compound for a lighter swing weight and improved comfort and feel. Accentuating the weight minimisation theme, COBRA's new Superlite shafts offer the perfect blend of distance, speed and launch. A lighter profile allows for a faster and more balanced swing transition for golfers with smoother tempos. Offered in both offset and straight neck hosel designs, COBRA Golf has created its F-MAX Superlite Drivers with the following industry-leading super game improvement technologies:
"We are very excited about this driver; we've been able to engineer an incredibly forgiving, powerful club and keep the overall clubhead weight to less than 300 grams," said Tom Olsavsky, Vice President of R&D for COBRA Golf.
"The F-MAX Superlite Driver will be the perfect solution for players who need the added speed of lightweight design without sacrificing forgiveness; those that will benefit from having a club that allows them to maximise their swing speed and launch angle."
• Oversized Clubhead Shape – An oversized address profile increases forgiveness by reducing twisting of the clubface on miss-hits, for more consistent, accurate drives.
• Forged Titanium E9™ Face Insert – A thin forged 6-4 Titanium face insert is designed with E9 Technology, a variable thickness face structure that enhances ball speed and distance on centered and off centered hits.
• Crown Alignment Feature – A subtle crown alignment design assists players with a square set up at address without being a visual distraction.
• Back/Heel CG Weighting – An internal weight pad strategically positions weight low, back and towards the heel to deliver higher launching trajectories and straighter ball flights.
• Hosel Options – F-MAX Superlite Driver is offered in player's choice of an offset hosel that promotes a draw-biased ball flight, or in the straight-neck design for golfers preferring a more traditional look at address.
Cobra F-MAX Superlite Fairways
COBRA's new F-MAX Superlight Fairways boast the same innovative, weight-saving considerations and game-enhancing benefits as the driver, but feature a low profile, shallow face design using high-strength forged 455 stainless steel to enhance ball speed and launch across the face from a variety of turf conditions.
• Men's F-MAX Superlite Driver (£249) (€299) – Available in both right-hand and left-hand versions with a 45-gram Superlite shaft in stiff, regular and lite flex. Comes in a sleek black/red colorway. Player's choice of offset or straight neck hosel comes standard. Available lofts include 9.5°, 10.5° and 11.5° in right-hand and 10.5° in left-hand.
• Women's F-MAX Superlite Driver (£249) (€299) – Available in offset only in both right-hand and left-hand versions with a 40-gram Superlite shaft in ladies flex. Comes in a striking black/Lexi Blue colorway and 11.5° & 15° of loft.
• Men's F-MAX Superlite Fairways (£179) (€219) – Available in both right-hand and left-hand versions with Superlite shafts (55-gram in stiff and regular flex, and 50-gram in lite flex). Comes in a sleek black/red colorway. Available lofts include 16°, 20° and 23° in right-hand and 16° and 20° in left-hand.
• Women's F-MAX Superlite Fairways (£179) (€219) – Available in both right-hand and left-hand versions with a 50-gram Superlite shaft in ladies flex. Comes in a striking black/Lexi Blue colorway and available lofts include 19°, 23° and 27° in right-hand and 19° and 23° in left-hand.
Cobra F-MAX Superlite Irons & Hybrids
Cobra's F-MAX Superlite irons and hybrids are the lightest, easiest-to-hit clubs in company history. The 2018 F-MAX men's and women's Superlite irons and combo sets feature incredibly light-weight technologies and designs that provide more club speed, distance and easier launch than ever before.
Cobra F-MAX Superlite Irons
The COBRA Golf F-MAX Superlite Irons have a re-engineered clubhead which is 4-grams lighter, and maintains the same high MOI, delivering optimized forgiveness and stability. A 5-gram lighter shaft and a 7-gram lighter grip design, results in 16 grams in weight-savings ensuring the fastest club and ball speed possible for golfers with moderate swing speeds.
Continuing the weight minimisation theme, COBRA's new Superlite shafts offer for the perfect blend of speed, distance and launch. The F-MAX Superlite Irons also feature an extremely comfortable, Midsize LAMKIN REL 360 grip (the women's irons feature a standard men's size grip) that is engineered using a softer, 7 grams lighter, rubber compound, delivering a lighter swing weight and improved comfort on longer approach shots. Complementing its lightest shaft and grip offering ever, COBRA Golf has designed F-MAX Superlite Irons with the following industry-leading super game improvement technologies:
"Building off of the success of our original F-MAX lightweight design, we've reengineered Superlite to be our lightest, fastest and most forgiving game improvement clubs ever. Any player with a moderate swing speed will benefit from the design innovations in this product line," said Tom Olsavsky, Vice President of R&D for COBRA Golf.
• Optimised Center of Gravity – Progressive hosel lengths strategically position the CG (Center of Gravity) in each iron to produce the desired launch and trajectory. Shorter hosels in the long irons lower the CG to promote higher launch and distance, while taller hosels in the short iron wedges raise the CG to promote lower, controlled trajectories.
• Progressive Offset Design – gradually increases from minimal offset in the wedges and short irons that require more precision to maximum offset in the long irons where increased launch & right to left draw bias.
• Low CG/High MOI Design – Weight is positioned in the low heel and low toe areas to increase forgiveness and stability on off-center hits for straighter, more accurate approach shots.
• Low Profile with Deep Undercut Design – A low profile shape paired with a deep undercut cavity design work in unison to get the ball airborne quicker, increase ball speeds and create easy launch to optimise carry and overall distance.
• Greater Lofts – Greater iron lofts maximise flight trajectory, resulting in increased carry distances, and improved stopping power into greens.
• Premium Chrome Finish – a nickel, two-tone chrome plating provides beautiful aesthetics and increased durability for great looking, longer lasting irons.
• Specialty Wedge Design – A specialty wedge design in the GW and SW provides added versatility and shot control around the greens.
The COBRA GOLF F-MAX Superlite Irons are available in a variety of set options. See below for each option and pricing, starting at £499 (s) £599 (g). Click here to find out more
Cobra F-MAX Superlite Hybrids
Cobra's men's and women's F-MAX Superlite Hybrids featured in the combo sets are also available to purchase as stand-alone options as well. The F-MAX Superlite Hybrids utilise COBRA's lightest clubhead, grip and shaft designs in addition to the following game-enhancing technologies:
• Forged 455 High-Strength Stainless Steel Insert – enhances launch and ball speed across the face.
• Back/Heel CG Weighting – An internal weight pad strategically positions weight low, back and heelward delivering straighter trajectories.
• Crown Alignment Feature – A subtle crown alignment design assists players with a square set up at address without being visually distracting.
• Offset Hosel Design – An offset hosel design helps deliver a square face at impact to maximise launch and distance and correct rightward shot tenedencies.
The COBRA GOLF F-MAX Hybrids are available in a variety of options, at a price of £159 per club. Click here to find out more