Cleveland’s unveil new game improvement Launcher HB Turbo Irons
Following the reveal of Cleveland’s new Launcher HB Turbo Driver and fairway woods, the brand has unveiled the addition of new game improvement Launcher HB Turbo Irons.
Cleveland say the new Launcher HB Turbo Irons deliver maximum forgiveness and feautre an easy-to-hit to profile that is specifically targeted at game improvement players seeking more distance and more accuracy.
“These irons allow game improvement players the ability to get the ball into the air better than any iron on the market,” said Dustin Brekke, Director of Engineering, Research and Development. “Now with a thinner, hotter face, the Launcher HB Turbo Irons give you a half club more distance over the previous generation.”
Launcher HB Turbo Irons maintain a fully hollow construction, allowing for optimized sole weighting for shots that launch higher, but now incorporate a new high strength, turbocharged face insert that is thinner and hotter for more speed on every shot.
The redesign HiBore Crown pushes the center of gravity low and deep within the base of the Launcher HB Turbo Irons. This placement produces shots that launch off the face, fly high, and stay on their intended target. Progressive shaping throughout the entire set maintains forgiveness in the long irons, with compact short irons that provide optimal control.
Key Features: Launcher HB Turbo Irons
• Hollow Construction: Fully hollow construction along with internal stabilizing ribs provides ultimate forgiveness on every shot.
• Turbocharged Face: Each iron features a turbocharged, high strength steel face that is thinner and hotter for increased ball speeds and explosive distance.
• HiBore Crown: Redesigned HiBore Crown features low, deep weighting to produce an easy to hit, high ball flight.
• Progressive Hollow Shaping: Progressive shaping provides a smooth transition from hybrid-like long irons to iron-like short irons. It’s a seamless changeover with forgiveness where you need it and control where you want it.
Cleveland’s Launcher HB Turbo Irons are available in both men’s and women’s along with right and left hand options. The Launcher HB Turbo Irons are priced at £499 (€575) SRP for a 6/PW steel set, any individual steel irons are priced at £99 (€115) SRP. For graphite options, the Launcher HB Turbo Irons are £599 (€650) SRP for a 6/PW set and £120 (€130) individually.
Launcher UHX Irons
The Launcher UHX Irons are the most progressive combo set of hollow and cavity back irons on the market. It’s a completely new way to approach one complete set of irons.
“This combination of cavity back and utility irons into one set offers the perfect blend of distance and accuracy,” Brekke said. “A new variable face pattern delivers more distance due to hotter faces with better mass distribution.”
Launcher UHX Irons incorporate hollow long irons (4-7-irons) for more distance and forgiveness, with lower and deeper weighting compared to traditional cavity back irons. Meanwhile, the 8-iron through pitching wedge features a cavity back construction, which focuses on precision and control rather than maximizing distance. The result: a seamless transition throughout to create one unified iron set.
Furthermore, Launcher UHX Irons feature a high strength, variable steel face insert, incorporated into each long iron, for higher ball speeds across the entire face and more distance on every shot. The latest iteration of our V-Shaped Sole offers added forgiveness and improved speed retention, while Cleveland’s proprietary Tour Zip Grooves and enhanced Laser Milling delivers reliable, consistent spin when attacking the pin.
Launcher UHX Utility Irons will also be available as individual clubs for sale to add forgiveness to any iron set. Offered in 3, 4, and 5-iron lofts, Launcher UHX Utility Irons deliver the distance and forgiveness of a hybrid in an iron-like address profile.
Key Innovations Inside the Launcher UHX Irons:
• Hollow and Cavity Back Construction: Hollow long irons provide more forgiveness, while cavity back short irons provide more control when attacking the pin.
• Variable High Strength Steel Face: A variable high strength HT1770M steel face insert delivers explosive ball speeds for increased distance, even on heel and toe impacts.
• V-Shaped Sole: Featured in both the cavity back and hollow designs, the V-Shaped Sole improves turf interaction for better speed retention at impact.
• Tour Zip Grooves: Tour Zip Grooves and Laser Milling deliver maximum spin for optimal control throughout the Launcher UHX Irons.
Cleveland’s Launcher UHX Irons are available in both men’s and women’s offerings along with right and left hand options. The Launcher UHX Irons are priced at £499 (€575) SRP for a 6/PW steel set, any individual steel irons are priced at £99 (€115) SRP. For graphite options, the Launcher HB Turbo Irons are £599 (€650) SRP for a 6/PW set and £120 (€130) individually.
The Launcher Halo returns, offering a versatile scoring club designed for any situation. Featuring new Gliderail Technology, the Launcher Halo is optimized for better turf interaction from the toughest of lies.
“We all hit it in the rough and find ourselves in difficult positions out on the course,” said Brian Schielke, Marketing Director at Cleveland Golf. “And it’s those tough places that add big numbers to our scorecards. The new Launcher Halo helps us not only get out of those tough spots, but helps us excel from them and get into scoring position. It’s so much more than a typical hybrid.”
While the Gliderails provide optimal speed retention, the enhanced HiBore Crown pushes the center of gravity low and deep for a low spin, high launch ball flight. Halo Weighting shifts more weight to the perimeter for increased MOI and better overall forgiveness.
A new variable face insert, utilizing HT1770M steel, allows the Launcher Halo to provide improved ball speeds for more distance, even on off-center strikes.
Key Innovations Inside the Launcher Halo:
• Gliderails: Featuring a set of three rails, the leading edge and sole geometries are optimized for improved turf interaction and speed retention.
• HiBore Crown: The redesigned HiBore Crown enables a lower CG position, promoting that ideal low spin, high launch ball flight.
• High Strength Steel Face: Constructed using high strength steel, the variable face insert provides higher COR over a larger impact area leading to increased ball speeds and distance.
Cleveland’s Launcher Halo is available in both men’s and women’s offerings along with right and left hand options. The Launcher Halo is priced at £179 (€199) and offered in 2 (16°), 3 (19°) and 4 (22°) Halo models.