Golf Care Records A Record Increase In Policy Holders

Published:

Golf insurance providers, Golf Care, have witnessed a record increase in policy holders one year on from the landmark court case  in Scotland that saw a golfer awarded almost £400,000 in damages after losing the sight in one eye when he was struck by a wayward golf ball.

The presiding judge found the player who struck the ball 70% liable for the damages, despite shouting ‘fore’, while the golf club where the incident took place was liable for the remaining 30% for having insufficient warning signs.

In the 12 months since the incident, market-leader Golf Care has recorded a 29.7% increase in policy holders. “There is no doubt that the incident in Scotland last year brought a great deal of publicity to the golf insurance market. For a long-time it had been accepted that getting hit was just part of the game, however this ruling did not only challenge that way of thinking, but completely contradicted it,” noted John Woosey, Managing Director, Golf Care.

“We live in an increasingly litigious society; people are more aware of the dangers that exist on the golf course and the impact an injury could therefore have on their everyday life. As a result, we have seen golfers of all ability, age and gender, taking out specialist golf insurance to ensure that they are protected.”

Golf Care is now readily available in Direct Golf UK and American Golf stores throughout the country, as well as online at www.golfcare.co.uk, highlighting the popularity of the product and the high-demand for instant coverage.

Furthermore, the brand has signed several new contracts with golf course management companies such as Mytime Golf, renewed agreements with the likes of De Vere, Marriott, MacDonald, and Q-Hotels, as well as leading individual venues such as The Celtic Manor Resort.

Furthermore, Golf Care offers three free rounds of golf to all new policy holders. The array of policy options are designed to match not only the desired level of coverage of the golfer, but budget. Starting from just £22.99, Golf Care policies offer Personal Liability coverage up to £5million and Personal Accident up to £50,000, Equipment Cover against theft, loss or damage on a ‘new for old’ basis up to £5,000, Hole-in-One coverage up to £200 spent at the bar, as well as coverage for damage to third party property.