As 2015 draws to a close, it’s that time of year when we all retire to the drawing room and nestle down in front of an open fire, snifter of whiskey in hand, to reflect on the year’s highs and lows.
In our case, that means watching 10 videos the PGA Tour have selected as their ‘shots of the year’ and spending more time than is probably healthy deciding which was the absolute best.
The contenders include an outrageous bunker shot from Phil Mickelson, an ace from Francesco Molinari, and the kind of shot from Shane Lowry that only comes off once in a lifetime.
In some instances, it’s clear they’ve gone for the importance of the shot, rather than pure wow factor, which is fair enough but does complicate matters somewhat.
It’s hard to pick a winner. That’s where you come in.
Watch all 10, and then vote for your favourite at the end.
Or don’t. I mean, it’s up to you, really. No one’s forcing you. It’s a free world, isn’t it? We’re not the boss of you. But the videos and voting thing are there, if you want them.
1. Zach Johnson’s final-hole birdie putt at The Open
2. Rickie Fowler does the business on the fourth playoff hole of The Players Championship
3. Francesco Molinari makes the crowd go wild with an ace
4. This putt won Jordan Spieth the U.S. Open
5. And this one won him the Valspar Championship
6. Do you struggle with fairway bunker shots? Phil Mickelson doesn’t!
7. Shane Lowry’s balls of steel delivered the goods
8. Brian Harman’s second ace
9. Jordan Spieth had an ace year
10. There’s never a bad moment to drain a 22-footer, but Jason Day picked a particularly good one