Cobra are launching some brand new 2009 Cobra Transition-S iron sets designed to make golf as easy as can be for senior and women golfers.
Building on the success of the first generation King Cobra Transition-S irons integrated model, the new sets provide even more forgiveness for slow to moderate ball speed players. The Cobra Transition-S line is an eight club set that progresses from utility metals to hybrid mid-irons right through to wide-sole short irons to provide a new level of forgiveness, accuracy and distance.
“We experienced a positive response to the previous Transition-S line, especially from women and seniors with moderate ball speeds looking for maximum forgiveness, carry distance and accuracy,” said Brian Zender at Cobra Golf. “In the new 2009 golf club ranges, the Cobra team further improved performance via new design features that increased forgiveness and promoted a draw bias ball flight to mprove accuracy.”
“The new Transition-S set features a wide-sole radius design, providing a low and deep centre of gravity to promote higher launch and more forgiving turf interaction,” said Scott Rice, Director of Research and Development, Cobra Golf. “The hybrid irons (6 and 7) also have increased heel-biased Center of Gravity for draw-biased ball flight and high launch. This set offers the high level of forgiveness, accuracy and distance moderate ball speed players’ desire.”
King Cobra reckon that their Transition-S are the ultimate game improvement sets and we're seeing more and more of these super forgiving models (such as the new Cleveland HiBORE Xli) designed to really help golfers or even beginners who struggle to make consistently strong impact.
With three club types – utility metals, hybrid irons and wide-sole irons – golfers will be able to play the right shots with each type and gain optimal launch and carry distance. The set comprises of the following:
Utility Metals, Nos. 4-5:
• Wide-sole, low crown design for low-back CG and increased MOI to maximize forgiveness and optimize launch conditions
• Offset hosel for enhanced draw-biased ball flight
Hybrid Irons, Nos. 6, 7:
• Hollow body construction provides increased MOI for improved accuracy and forgiveness
• Improved heel biased CG promotes draw-biased ball flight for accuracy
• Low profile, back-weighted design generates higher launch for increased carry distance
• Wide, rounded sole design improves turf interaction
Wide-Sole Irons, Nos. 8-SW:
• Cavity back, wide-sole design provides low-back CG for optimum launch and more forgiving turf interaction
• Urethane-filled back cavity for the ultimate in soft feel
The Transition-S sets are available in seniors and ladies models both with Cobra/Aldila VS PROTO HL shafts and Cobra/Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips. They should be available from October and will cost around £659 per set (4-SW)