What we say
Arrowe Park is no stroll in the park though, in reaility it is – the mature parkland layout meanders through the 450 acres of Arrowe Country Park.
Although it opens with two short par-4s, this former Open qualifying venue (when the Open was staged at Royal Liverpool in the 1930s) has a quartet of par-5s on the back nine and can be a tough nut to crack. For just over a tenner, it’s super value-for-money.
Built on 450 acres of gently undulating mature parkland in the Arrowe country park, Arrowe Park Golf Club, established in 1932, offers an 18 hole course. The course features tree-lined fairways, and numerous strategically-placed bunkers, providing a challenge for any level of golfer.
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address Arrowe Park Golf Club, Arrowe Park, Woodchurch, Birkenhead, , Woodchurch
- Tel 0151 677 1527
- Website www.arroweparkgolfclub.co.uk
|Green Fees||All week: £12|
|Course Length||6,403 yards (5,855 metres)|
- Course does not have: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course has: Pro Shop
- Course does not have: Restaurant
- Course has: Trolley Hire
- Course does not have: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap
As far a municiples go there isnt many better in the area. There are some excellent holes but most are straight and there is no need for shot making skills, hit it straight and you will be fine. The tees and greens are not too bad compared to other municiples but if you are used to playing private courses and the site of a snapped flag on the green would upset you then dont bother playing here. It is tidy and basic but a muni is a muni and there are not many luxuries.