What we say
Flixton Golf Club started its career in 1893. The first ten years were spent elsewhere but in 1903 the club moved to the land on which the course is now played. Over the years extra land has been purchased, the holes changed and improved until you come to the course as it is today.
Many people set out to play a gentle nine hole parkland course thinking that this will be easy. Well... if you hit the ball straight you're part way there; if you don't there are trees, bushes and nameless other things in the very spots where you don't want them. It could be said that position is the key to golf at Flixton. On the other hand, Flixton is one of the longest nine hole courses in the area so straightness isn't enough; if you can't hit a long ball you won't get up.
In short, Flixton is a good test of golf. If you can score well at Flixton you know how to play. Indeed as you play the first three holes you can blame, at least in part, the famous George Duncan, Open Winner and Ryder Cup Captain, who helped in the design.
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address 269 Church Road, Urmston, MANCHESTER
- Tel 0161 746 7160
- Website http://www.flixtongolfclub.co.uk
|Green Fees||With Member: Mon-Fri: £10 (round). Sat-Sun: £15 (round). Without Member: Mon-Fri: £18 (round). Sat-Sun: £25 (round).|
|Course Length||6,492 yards (5,936 metres)|
- Course does not have: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course does not have: Pro Shop
- Course does not have: Restaurant
- Course does not have: Trolley Hire
- Course has: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap