What we say
Beverley WestWood, home to the ancient Beverley and East Riding Golf Club and one of Yorkshire's finest and most natural golf courses.
Founded in 1889, the Westwood course is arguably the oldest in Yorkshire. It boasts an enviable mix of golfing landscape - parkland, heathland and links - taking advantage of the ups and downs of the rolling fairways and magnificent views of the market town of Beverley and its spectacular Minster.
Beverley is a true but fair test of golf, offering a challenge to every player, from novice to seasoned pro. Indeed, there are many that say there are few better places to tee up than on THE GLORIOUS WESTWOOD.
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address Westwood, , BEVERLEY
- Tel 01482 869519
- Website http://www.beverleygolfclub.co.uk/
|Green Fees||7 days £18. Day ticket, weekdays £27, Weekends £32. 2-Fore-1 only accepted on day ticket.|
|Course Length||6,017 yards (5,502 metres)|
- Course does not have: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course does not have: Pro Shop
- Course does not have: Restaurant
- Course does not have: Trolley Hire
- Course has: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap
A very interesting undulating parkland course that is very reminiscent of a links course. Quite short, with good greens, driving accuracy is important here. Some quite spectacular views from the course and some really nice holes. The 6th, 14th and 17th in particular stand out for me. Well worth a visit!