What we say
The Carrickfergus Golf Club was founded in 1926. The club is situated such that it has great views across to County Down. Some holes were designed by local designer David Jones.
The clubhouse features snooker tables, bars and a function room.
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address 35 North Road, , Carrickfergus
- Tel 028 9336 3713
- Website www.carrickfergusgolfclub.co.uk/
- Course has: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course does not have: Pro Shop
- Course does not have: Restaurant
- Course does not have: Trolley Hire
- Course has: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap
I was a 5 day member here for a few years and still play there a few times per year. Not the longest course you'll ever play, but quite tight on most holes with lots of tree-lined fairways with strategically placed drainage ditches and bunkers. The 1st is a great opening hole par 4. Watch the small dam you have to drive over from the tee. It shouldn't ever be a problem but a lot of balls end up in it. The third is a difficult par 4 but a good straight drive is well rewarded. 14 is a long par three and you can find yourself hitting 3 wood into a strong wind here. If you haven't played Carrickfergus before, give it a try.