What we say
This area is famed for its world-class links but Thomas encouraged golfers to go inland and experience the dynamic duo of Hawkshill and Swailend, which opened in 1990 and 1997 respectively. Both are par-72s but the Hawkshill is undoubtedly top dog, having staged several major tournaments including the Scottish Professional Championship and the Scottish Seniors Open.
Boasting two courses, the Hawkshill and the Swailend, Newmachar Golf Club has a lot to offer. The Hawkshill is considered the superior of the two courses having previously hosted the Scottish Professional Championship and the Scottish Senior Open.
Opened for play in 1990, the par-72 6,730-yard course makes for a tough test. Water hazards, strategic fairway bunkering and mature trees combine to make this a test for even the best of golfers.
The Swailend course offers an easier test for golfers but it should not be taken lightly by any means. With subtle contours and water hazards, this is a fair test for many golfers.
- TG Rating
- Players Rating
- Address , , Aberdeen
- Tel 01651 862127
- Website -
|Green Fees||Hawkshill course - Mon-Fri £55; Sat-Sun £75; Swailend course - £35/£45|
- Course does not have: Bar
- Course does not have: Buggy Hire
- Course does not have: Driving Range
- Course does not have: Practice Green
- Course does not have: Pro Shop
- Course does not have: Restaurant
- Course does not have: Trolley Hire
- Course does not have: Dress Code
- Course does not have: Club Hire
- Course does not have: Handicap