What we say...
Bridgestone Golf’s new B-series models use water within the core to enhance distance with the driver.
A batch of prototypes had water mixed in with the other liquids that are added to a dry mixture to activate the rubber in the ball’s core. In tests, these prototypes performed best. The addition of water made the inner portion of the core softer and the outer portion firmer. A six per cent softer urethane cover enhances greenside control.
Players with swing speeds of more than 105mph can choose between the the Tour B330 or the softer Tour 330-S. For the majority of us who swing a driver at less than 105mph, the B330-RX is designed for players seeking more distance off the tee, while the B330-RXS offers more greenside spin.
Details: £47.99 per dozen. The Tour B330-RX is also available in yellow. www.bridgestonegolf.co.uk
- NEW Soft Hydro Core optimized for swings speeds below 105 mph
- 20% thinner Urethane cover reduces spin off the tee and maintains tour level control around the green
- Mantle layer offsets backspin to increase distance and accuracy
- 330 Dual Dimple technology for a consistent flight
- Also available in Optic Yellow for enhanced visibility