What we say...
At Kane Golf we take material selection very seriously. If you use poor materials you cannot expect to build high performance clubs. Below is an email we received from Carpenter Steels in the USA regarding material selection.
“Materials selection can be a high-stakes gamble, especially when the material you choose will be used in a highly demanding application. Designers are increasingly upgrading to high-strength stainless steels for critical applications.
Consider these major points before choosing one high-strength alloy over another for your application:
1. Balance between fracture toughness and specific strength
2. Lighter weight advantages (strength-to-weight ratio)
Custom 455® stainless possesses a superior combination of strength, toughness, corrosion resistance, and strength-to-weight ratio compared with other high-strength stainless steels.”
After much deliberating and testing a new fairway wood was born:- The Missile Launcher
- Available in RH #3 & #5
- Constructed from high grade Carpenter C455 stainless. Although expensive this steel has phenomenal properties.
- 250% the tensile strength of the steels used by our competitors allows the walls to be made 60% thinner creating an ultra hot face – you will hear it.
- High strength-to-weight ratio allows weight to be redistributed to precise points giving the head a high moment of inertia creating a very forgiving club.
- The face of the club has been frequency matched to that of our Quantum golf ball to maximise distance.
- Fitted with the Kane Golf Awesome ultra light weight 50g graphite shaft and, as always, is custom fitted with the appropriate flex and grip for the required individual. Other shafts are available on request.
This truly is the highest performance fairway wood we have ever produced.
Contact: 0141 8102922