Callaway have announced the launch of the new Chrome Soft X Golf Ball featuring Triple Track Technology.
Callaway introduced us to their Triple Track Technology with the launch of the ERC Soft golf ball earlier this year, and are now bringing the same technology to their Chrome Soft X.
Phil Mickelson used this ball, featuring the unique alignment lines, on his way to victory at the 2019 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, and Callaway are now making it available in Europe from the 19th April, with an RRP of £.39.99
The Chrome Soft X Golf Ball, which has a premium urethane cover, hit the headlines for featuring an outer core infused with 'graphene', a phenomenally light yet ultra-strong material that’s been used to strengthen the outer core without sacrificing the overall soft feel.
How does it work? Graphene has been used to create a thinner, lighter "crash helmet" style outer core, which means the inner core can be larger. That means more ball speed, and Callaway says the Chrome Soft's (again, thanks to graphene) lowers spin, increases launch and tightens accuracy with the driver.
On Tour, players like Phil Mickelson, Francesco Molinari, Xander Schauffele and Marc Leishman have already used the Chrome Soft X to win this season.
And now, Callaway are adding Triple Track Technology to their popular ball.
Chrome Soft X Triple Track Golf Ball: Key Features
1. Advanced alignment from Triple Track Technology - Callaway has prominently featured Triple Track lines on the ball for better alignment and accuracy. Triple Track uses Vernier Hyper Acuity to improve alignment compared to a regular side stamp alignment aid.
2. Fast ball speeds and low spin off the driver - Graphene-infused Dual Soft Fast Core with a new, larger inner core maximises compression energy while minimising driver-spin and promoting high launch for long distance.
3. Distance and control through the bag - Premium dual-core construction promotes more distance off longer clubs, and more control off mid-irons, short-irons and wedges.
4. Pinpoint greenside control - Thin, ultra-soft Tour Urethane cover feels fantastic and generates shot-controlling, stroke-saving spin on pitches and chips.
5. Ultra-soft feel - The fast SubMantle, soft Tour Urethane Cover, and low compression core combine for unparalleled feel.
6. Forgiveness - Softer golf balls compress easier on off-centre hits for incredible distance all over the face.
Chrome Soft X Triple Track Technology will be available in stores across Europe from April 19th 2019.