Find out what’s inside the latest issue of Today’s Golfer
It’s all about irons and the lead-up to the first major of the year in this month’s issue of Today’s Golfer.
Last year, we ranked every iron we reviewed by forgiveness, and it turned in to our most popular feature of 2018. So we decided to make it an annual thing, and have tested 38 new sets from seven different brands. PLUS, there’s also 11 different tips from our experts and coaches to help you hit your irons.
There’s also under a month to go until the 2019 Masters so we bring you our ultimate guide to the first major of the year. We spoke to defending Champion Patrick Reed, who gave us his exclusive hole by hole guide to Augusta National, legends Jose Maria Olazabal and Greg Norman on their memories and rookie Matt Wallace about his debut.
IRON PLAY SPECIAL
– 38 New sets reviewed and rated by forgiveness, no matter your handicap. Don’t buy a new set without reading it!
– The tips, clubs and strategy you need to hit your irons better – with advice from our experts and TG Top 50 coaches
MASTERS PREVIEW ISSUE
– Exclusive: Patrick Reed’s Ultimate Augusta Course guide
– The Legends: Greg Norman and Jose Maria Olazabal share their Masters memories
– The rookies: We sit down with Matt Wallace ahead of his Masters debut
– The Winner? Why Rickie Fowler fancies his chances
– Andrew Cotter focuses on caddies in this month’s issue; about why their job is so much more than giving club advice, why he was terrible, and why you should always hire one if you have the chance
– Nick Dougherty reflects on Sergio Garcia’s Saudi Arabia incident, and hopes it won’t be the start of pros doing what they like and getting away with it.
– Playlist: 49 courses across Britain & Ireland played and reviewed
– Dream Destination: Why southern Cyprus more British golfers than ever
– New Gear: New Motocaddy trolleys revealed + a GPS that’s also a launch monitor + the latest G/Fore shoes
– Showcase: Our favourite 2019 stand bags
– Top 10s: 2019 drivers, spikeless shoes, balls under £30
– Play Smart: What to think about when faced with a tough par 3 tee shot
– Better Putting: Why a rock solid base is key to grooving a consistent stroke
– Pressure tactics: where your weight should be throughout your swing
– Scoring zone: Match your arm swing to your body rotation when pitching
– Wrist Watch: How to get your arms in a more powerful position
– A Quick 18: Mr 59 Oliver Fisher reveals his love for gardening, sweet treats, and which three holes he’d pay to play
– Golf Test: How much do you have in common with the world’s best golfers? On the tee this month… six-time PGA Tour winner Rory Sabbatini
Four lucky TG readers will win a Sun Mountain stand-bag