Tiger Woods has been cleared to resume full golf activity with no restrictions by the doctor that performed back surgery on the 14-time major champion in April, ESPN reported on Monday.
The news came just a few hours after the 41-year-old posted his third swing video in the space of a week, with many speculating about what that means for his future.
Just a few weeks ago Woods, who underwent his fourth back surgery in April, was cleared by the doctor to start chipping, but even better news came to the 14-time major champion last week.
➤ Tiger Woods ‘making progress’, hits driver in Sunday red
➤ Tiger shows off club twirl in golf clinic with Kevin Chappell
➤ Rory McIlroy’s boyhood home up for sale
➤ WIN a Galvin Green outfit worth over £500
➤ Jim Furyk talks Tiger Woods’ progress
“He got a nice report and is allowed to proceed,” Woods’ agent Mark Steinberg said in the report.
“He can do as much as he needs to do. Tiger is going to take this very, very slowly. This is good, but he plans to do it the right way.”
The news comes after Woods has posted a series of videos on social media recently while hitting a variety of shots, including one on Sunday showing him hitting a driver under the caption “Making Progress.”
Tiger has only played six competitive rounds in the past two years while trying to recover from his multiple back surgeries, so while this news is definitely exciting for his fans, we’re still erring on the side of caution about what that means for his return – which as yet has not been announced.
At the Presidents Cup, Woods suggested that he may never return to competitive golf, but also said he was “optimistic” that he could.